Kylie Minogue is leading a new breast cancer charity campaign after her own ordeal with the sickness five years back.
The 41-year-old diva was diagnosed with the illness during her 'Showgirl' world tour in May 2005. For the launch of the new Fashion Targets Breast Cancer (FTBC) campaign for Breakthrough Breast Cancer, she appears in just a silk sheet for the photos taken by renowned photographer, Mario Testino.
The campaign will see a variety of specially made garments sold in high street stories, including Marks and Spencer and Topshop, online and in designer collections in the upcoming six weeks.
Kylie remarked, "It means so much to be part of this year's campaign for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer. I wholeheartedly support their efforts to raise funds for the vital work undertaken by Breakthrough Breast Cancer".
Five years back, the Australian singer underwent a partial mastectomy to get rid of a malignant tumour followed by eight months of chemotherapy and radiotherapy before ultimately being given a green signal from cancer in 2006.
She said, "I experienced a world of illness and positive attitudes. These experiences contributed to making me a more mature person".
Actress Sienna Miller and supermodel, Claudia Schiffer also extended their support for this good cause.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis