Major telephone firms including Vodafone are expected to sign up to a voluntary code on the 111 emergency calls within a week as the Government could enforce legal sanctions against defiant telephone companies.
Communications & Information Technology Minister Steven Joyce has announced a number of steps to ensure the reliability of 111 emergency calls.
Mr. Joyce said that the Telecom XT failures painted the need for approved standards for 111 emergency calls.
Speaking on the topic, Mr. Joyce said, “The code provides a good starting point for ensuring the effective delivery of emergency calls by providing minimum standards.”
The Telecommunications Carriers’ Forum has developed the emergency code, in consultation with the Government.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis