Auto Trader has launched an iPhone app that allows its users to snap a number plate and gather information about the make and model of the car, making searches much easier.
The newly launched app has inbuilt image recognition technology. Auto Trader searches the database based on the image a user takes on his/her iPhone and finds all the cars for sale in user’s area.
The app, which was created by Sapient Nitro, also makes use of GPS to guide its users to the nearest showroom.
It also allows its users to see price listings and calling the seller directly.
Speaking on the topic, Nick Gee from Auto Trader said, “We believe users will find the link between ‘real world’ and ‘digital world’ very compelling.”
Search for an old car can be narrowed by simply mentioning desired price range, year, color and even mileage.
The app is free to download.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn