Sky has announced its plans to introduce Sky Sports 4 HD and the Hallmark Channel HD on its satellite television platform.
The HD version of Sky Sports 4 is slated for release on April 29, and will broadcast over 9,000 hours of HD sport every year.
The satellite company also intends to launch Sky News HD in the "coming months” that is said to be Europe's foremost news channel completely in high definition.
Sky Director of Product Management, Hilary Perchard said, "It's great news for customers that we are making our HD channel pack even better value with more high quality channels”.
He also said that while other companies have just realized the increasing demand for HD, they are ahead of them to widen its reach and offer more options to the viewers. Hopefully, by Christmas they will be able to achieve their target of 50 HD channels.
Laurence Dawkin-Jones, UK Managing Director of Hallmark-operator Universal Networks International said that Hallmark Channel has a large number of faithful audiences and they will be pleased to know that their favorite US shows like the Law & Order titles, CSI and Without A Trace will now be delivered in high definition to make TV viewing an enjoyable experience.
Lately, Sky announced its plans to give Sky+ HD set top box to all the new customers joining the platform.
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm
- Women in their 40s without children have increased in number to double
- GMC survey discovers trainee doctors get bullied
- Search for hips, knees and cataract operations