To the list of items voluntarily recalled by Siena Food Ltd., more products have been added.
Canadians have been warned by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency about not to consume Siena brand Coppa and Siena brand Prosciuttini. There are reports that they may be contaminated with Listeria.
Reports say that the products were sold in Ontario and Alberta, but there are chances that they may have been distributed nationally.
According to the CFIA, it is working with Health Authorities in Ontario in their investigation, as they are aware of reported listeriosis illnesses in Ontario.
Reports say that two people in Ontario have been taken to hospital following the listeria outbreak and has sparked an investigation into two deaths which occurred while the products were still on store shelves.
Those most at risk from this outbreak are elderly and women who are pregnant and authorities have asked them specifically to be carefull.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn