Virgin Media has confirmed that it would bring TiVo software to its set top boxes in the UK later this year.
The return of the vastly popular American digital video recorder to the UK will help Virgin in developing its next-generation set-top boxes.
Choosing video on demand services or boxed sets will become a lot easier with TiVo service. As the the two firms will try to combine online video on demand services like YouTube and BBC iPlayer with conventional programming and DVR capabilities.
The service will look alike the BBC’s Project Canvas.
Virgin’s chief executive Neil Berkett said that the software should be available to consumers before the end of currnt year.
The company has not announced any pricing details for launch of TiVo software, but it declared that the pricing would be very competitive.
- Hair Straighteners Can Cause Accidental Burns among Kids
- Family Nurse Partnership Programme to be extended in Other Areas
- Healthy Diet Best Cure to Cut Dementia
- Rise in Middle-Aged Drinkers and Illicit Substance Users Adding Pressure on Emergency
- Hospital claims to have proper safety standards but still doubtful about future