Micro-blogging site Twitter is all set to introduce its much anticipated advertising model.
It was informed that the ad platform is in the testing stages and is expected to be launched within the first half of 2010.
As per available details, Twitter will link ads to the search service, so that only users who make a search on Twitter will see the related ads. Ads will not be seen in their regular Twitter stream.
Third party software will distribute ads and the revenue from ads will be shared between Twitter and the application developers.
Twitter allows its users to send micro messages of up to 140 characters and its ads will also use the standard format of 140 characters of text.
In the beginning, Twitter will work with ad agencies and buyers, but in the due time it will shift to a Google’s AdWords-style self-serve model.
Twitter, which was founded in 2006, has around 27 million users.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat