Burford Capital Limited, a commercial dispute financier, said it had plans to lift £200 million on London's junior AIM market via a share placing.
Burford Capital lends money to companies to foot the bill for legal actions.
The investment company is headed by the former chairman of Barclays, Sir Peter Meddleton, and two US lawyers viz. Christoper Bogart and Selvyn Seidel.
When contacted, Christoper Bogart, said, "Third-party commercial-dispute finance is a high-growth market, helping plaintiffs or defendants get civil justice"
Guernsey-based Burford Capital expects proceed from the placing to be fully invested within 18 to 24 months.
The company takes a big profit if the client wins but loses everything if they lose the case.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study