Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter has augured that Microsoft's upcoming Natal device will cost as little as $50, when it goes on sale worldwide this Christmas.
"My guess is, talking to my hardware specialist colleagues at Wedbush, it will cost about $50", Michael Pachter stated in the latest edition of the GT show Pach-Attack.
Pachter made the estimation on his Gametrailers webcast Pach-Attack, in response to rumors that it would cost up to $150.
MCV posted last November that Microsoft seeks to sell Natal for under £50 in the UK, with some sources speculated that an entry-level Natal SKU could cost as little as £30.
"I know people say this isn't just a webcam; it's essentially a three-lens camera that does cool things. Talking to my hardware specialist colleagues at Wedbush, it's about $50 in cost", Patcher quoted.
Pachter suggested that Microsoft would make Natal affordable in order to boost sales, leading to increased sales of associated products.
Natal, which was announced at last summer's E3, is due to be released later this year.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn