Independent News & Media has announced it has given Russian billionaire Alexander Lebedev more time to conclude a proposed takeover of Independent News & Media's UK national newspapers.
IN&M said that it extended the deadline from February 15th to February 26th.
Alexander Lebedev has been pursuing talks with IN&M to acquire the loss-making the Independent and Sunday Independent since the end of previous year.
Latest reports suggest that differences over how much of IN&M's debts would come with the Independent, are delaying the deal.
Shareholders in IN&M are also reportedly keen sell the Independent titles as circulation of both papers have been falling.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism