npower's team of specialist advisers would give detailed guidance on saving energy and reducing carbon emissions under the Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC) and the financial and reputational benefits of taking early action.
npower's 'm3' programme designed to guide businesses on an 'energy management journey' focuses on cost, energy and CO2 savings.
The 'encompass professional', a monitoring tool analyses energy and combines it with company production levels.
The two river-based, low-tech, low-cost mini-hydro plants (0.72 and 1.0 MW capacity) built, produces about 5.5 GWh of electricity a year.
The Mwanza Rural Housing Programme (MRHP) based in northern Tanzania, trains villagers to set up enterprises making high-quality bricks from local clay, fired with agricultural residues rather than wood.
The four community winners of the Big Green Challenge - The Green Valleys based in Brecon Beacons in Wales, Household Energy Service based in Ludlow, Shropshire, and Isle of Eigg in Scotland and a runner-up, Low Carbon West Oxford, managed to reduce carbon emissions by between 10-32%.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism