On Friday, local dentists offered free dental services to children who were not covered by medical insurance as a part of the state-wide "Give Kids A Smile" program, an initiative linked to National Children's Dental Health Month.
Major participating dentists included Drs. Grant Flenker, David Jones and James Knott at the Omni Dental Centre, and Broadway Family & Cosmetic Dentistry's Dr. Gary Smith, in addition to Dr. Robert Hurley at Tri-City Dental in Carter Lake.
Additional help was provided by dental students from the Iowa Western Community College.
"By getting the kids in and getting some treatment started on them and giving them a good experience, it may alleviate some of the fear so kids don't develop a fear of going to the dentist", said Dr. Hurley.
Under the initiative, throughout February, about 4,000 children from across Iowa, who belong to low-income families and cannot afford dental care, will be provided free services, as has been confirmed by the Iowa Dental Association.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study