On Thursday, one day ahead of the much-awaited launch of the next-generation Apple iPhone - the iPhone 5 -, Verizon Wireless revealed in an announcement that its high-speed 4G LTE network was being expanded across the Tampa region, with several rural part of Hernando County to be included in the expansion.
With the iPhone 5 to be the latest 4G LTE-capable device to hit the markets on September 21, Verizon said that its 4G LTE network is being activated at cell sites across counties like Hernando, Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas.
According to a press release by Verizon, the carrier's latest 4G LTE expansion will cover a number of new spots, including Hernando Beach, Shady Hills, Ridge Manor, Bayonet Point, Spring Hill, Aripeka, and the Airport Industrial Park.
In addition, Verizon's expansion of 4G LTE capabilities will also cover new sections along the Suncoast Parkway and Interstate 75 in Hernando and Pasco counties.
The expansion of the 4G network will help Verizon offer high-speed network service to a wide array of customers owning 4G LTE devices, including smartphones, tablets and mobile hotspots; thereby notably improving the calling, texting and Web browsing experience among its customers.
About the latest 4G LTE expansion by Verizon, the carrier's spokesman Chuck Hamby said: "Our network reaches nine out of every 10 Floridians, so it's getting to the point where there are only some small spots that are left."
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study