As 2000 women participated in Race for Life in Hereford Racecourse, it was painted pink this morning.
Following the event in Holmer, it is being expected that £123,000 will be raised in the fight against cancer.
About 2,125 women participated in the event and about everyone was wearing pinks and they were all set to help the cause and remember friends and relatives who have fought or are fighting cancer.
In another Race for Life that happened at Sheffield, five thousand women participated in the Cancer Research UK's Race For Life. This was also stated to be the best attended races in the Calendar region. This race was started by Amber Whiston who has finished chemotherapy and is from Gleadless.
Amber joined her mum as the hooter made sound and her mum Lara Joyce, 29, was also a part of the event. Amber's Army that made up of 10 close family and friends was the team of the day.
In a similar event that is scheduled to happen at Birkenhead Park about 3700 women have signed up. The race will be starting at about 11 in the morning and it will be aiding Cancer Research UK.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism