Tall women beware as they have an increased chance of getting ovarian cancer as compared to their shorter counterparts. According to a study, as compared to women who are short, taller women are more likely to get ovarian cancer.
About 47 studies were seen by Oxford University scientists and these studies were conducted on about 100,000 women and a majority of these women had ovarian cancer and a link was found with the height of a woman.
It was seen that overweight women were more prone to getting the disease.
A seven per cent chance was increased with every two inches in height of a woman when it comes to getting ovarian cancer.
It was stated that the possibility of taller women having more cells that could become cancerous was more. It was also reported that a role is played by the growth hormones.
Lead author Dr Yao-Ping Lu said, “We found that this combination treatment can decrease sunlight-caused skin cancer formation in a mouse model. I believe we may extrapolate these findings to humans and anticipate that we would benefit from these combination treatments as well.”
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat