There is a rising number of people who have type 2 diabetes in Scotland and this is happening in the United Kingdom too. And the people who have been diagnosed with it have almost become double in the past 10 years.
The number of people suffering from type 1 diabetes is highest in Scotland, reports state.
The diabetes, whether type 1 or 2 can be managed well with certain precautions taken and right support, this can make these sufferers have a healthy and long life but there can be some serious consequences too from care and diagnosis.
This week it will be in Scotland that world's largest conference on diabetes will take place and this will help people focus their attention on these serious diseases.
It was stated, "Almost 3,000 of the UK's top specialists in healthcare and scientific research are in attendance at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, SECC, in Glasgow discussing the latest in ground-breaking diabetes research and innovative treatment options under the theme `Diabetes: overcoming hurdles, achieving success'."
It was also added that in today's time, diabetes is the largest epidemic prevalent in the world and it becoming aggressive by the day.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study