A doctor has been charged with murder of about three patients that happened due to prescription overdose and the prosecutor who took the rare step of charging a doctor stated that these days doctors merely becoming oil pushers and this case will be a warning for all such unethical doctors.
Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley said, "My office will continue to prosecute greedy and unethical doctors after charging Dr. Hsiu-Ying `Lisa' Tseng, 42, with second-degree murder and 21 other felony counts."
A maximum sentence of about 45 years will have to be served by the doctor if she gets convicted.
Cooley said that he had never seen anything like this before and before filing an extreme charge of murder, such cases should be researched in detail.
The doctor's first court appearance was on Friday and until March 9 her arraignment has been postponed. There will also be a review of her bail that is millions.
After the hearing there was no comment made by the doctor's lawyer.
There are many doctors across the nation charged with murders that take place due to prescription drug and Tseng is one of just one of them.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study