According to a late last week report from Bloomberg News, the next iteration of the Apple iPad - which has been dubbed as the `iPad 3' by the tech media - will likely hit the markets in March.
The report, citing information from three unnamed sources, also said that the iPad 3 will boast a higher resolution touch screen, and a speedier processor. In addition, the new iPad will have 4G LTE connectivity, thereby marking a notable enhancement over the first two iPads which have Wi-Fi or 3G connectivity.
Despite the fact that the Bloomberg report stopped short of making any mention about when the Apple plans to unveil the iPad 3, a recent report from Japanese site Mackotakara - also citing sources `in the know' of the proceedings at Apple - had said that preparations are going on at Apple to host a `Special Event' in February.
While the rumors of the March debut have been circulating from quite some time now, the Mackotakara report has - as per PCMag and Apple Insider - pointed to a possible February debut of the device on the basis of the information shared by an unidentified Asian supplier as well as an anonymous US source.
Meanwhile, further complicating the speculations about the likely release timeline for the iPad 3, Taiwanese website DigiTimes has also cited its unnamed `inside' sources to reveal that the much-awaited device will likely on sale at the stores in March or April!
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study