Micro-blogging service Twitter Inc. on Thursday announced a face-list for its website to attract more advertisers and make it easier and faster for users to navigate.
The updated look features a four-column layout which remains unswerving across the website, Android and iOS applications, and the TweetDeck desktop app.
The rolling out of the updated site will take several weeks. One the redesign takes effect, a user will see his/her Twitter Profile in the ‘Me’ section on the far left side of the page.
On the top, there will be three navigation apps. ‘Discover’ will offer relevant stories and trends based on the user’s connection. Twitter said that when a person would first sign up to use the micro-blogging service, he/she would discover information of his/her interest.
The redesign will also offer a new section called "Stories," which will show content on the service the users may find interesting.
Speaking about new addition, Twitter chief executive Dick Costolo said, “It's the first step to start to surface all the rich content that's pouring into the platform for people who are experiencing it for the first time.”
Twitter also disclosed some of the remodeling planned for its future global headquarters in San Francisco. Thus, Twitter, which allows users to send and receive messages in up to 140 characters, is advancing with its virtual as well as physical expansion.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat