While commenting on the Google's purchase of Motorola Mobility, a patent lawyer at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings in Huntsville, Alabama, David Mixon said that inventions date back to 1994 and form the heart of three Motorola lawsuits against Apple Inc. (AAPL) making them among the stars of the portfolio.
Further, he claimed that they will include technology essential to the mobile-device industry such as location services, antenna designs, e-mail transmission, touch- screen motions, software-application management and third-generation wireless.
“Any patent owner, before they consider litigation is going to carefully evaluate their patents to withstand an attack”, added Mixon. “You don’t want to hold any back. You want to pick your strongest patents”.
The U. S. International Trade Commission, which passes judgment over patent-related disputes, has acknowledged more than a dozen cases associated to smart phones and tablets last year.
During a conference with analyst last week, California-based Google’s Chief Legal Officer David Drummond claimed that it was just intended to protect the Android ecosystem.
The Motorola Mobility and Apple are bigger companies that have been battling over ownership of mobile technology. The aesthetic Apple products include the iPhone 4, iPad, Apple-TV and MacBook Air.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study