A city in China found to have 22 counterfeit stores of Apple and the search for more is still on.
Authorities started their search after being reported about a fake store of Apple by the media.
The authorities started to raid the city of Kunming and had encountered 22 shops selling duplicate Apple stores. The initial search found them five counterfeiting stores, which further gave way to a rigorous search of many more. Some of the fake stores were found to be commencing business without any license from the authorities.
The issue of false Apple stores came into notice after an American staying in the city found that a store in her locality was not mentioned in the official website of Apple, she further blogged about the store. It is due to her blogging the matter came into notice and was in limelight now.
The owners of these counterfeit stores craftily managed to make customers feel that they were at an original Apple store. The shops comprised of interiors similar to the original stores and had trained the staff like the original stores possessed. The staffs working in such stores were also aware that it was an imitation of the original store.
However, the investigation reports, until now, do not reveal whether the products in the raided stores were Apple originals.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism