A new study has found out that the level of addiction to social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter is on the rise. What is most worrying is that 80 per cent of it is amongst the children.
The study was done by Nominet Trust where it was found that one out of every three parents believe that Internet is quite harmful for their children. It is soc because it is changing the way a brain normally looks at things.
Similar number of parents also believed that the Internet is threatening the youngsters. The study which has been done by a charity has also warned that excessive use of Internet can cause learning tools of children as well as adults to be hampered.
Talking about the findings of the study, Director of the trust Annika Small stated that Internet can be a good tool for social well being but can also deny the people of their needs if not done in a proper manner.
She also accepted that the study done by them was not very accurate and that more need to be done in this area.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism