Sony is heading towards making itself the leading supplier of mobile phones based on the Android operating system and for attaining this position it has announce to launched two new smartphones and a new feature phone in the Asia-Pacific markets. It also wants to establish itself as a communication entertainment brand.
By the end of third quarter of current year, its new smartphones will be out, the Xperia ray, the Xperia active and the Sony Ericsson txt.
Sony has seen the potential of Asia Pacific for Android mobile phones and it is hoping to grab the opportunity by becoming number 1 supplier of Android-based mobile phones in Asia Pacific, said by Matthew Lang, Sony Ericsson's corporate vice president and head of Asia-Pacific region.
Currently Sony’s strategy is to watch the emerging markets and is also hoping to launch a new tablet PC into the market when it was able to develop something unique and different.
Both the smartphones Xperia ray and Xperia active are based on the new version of the Android platform (Gingerbread 2.3).
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study