Sony is heading towards making itself the leading supplier of mobile phones based on the Android operating system and for attaining this position it has announce to launched two new smartphones and a new feature phone in the Asia-Pacific markets. It also wants to establish itself as a communication entertainment brand.
By the end of third quarter of current year, its new smartphones will be out, the Xperia ray, the Xperia active and the Sony Ericsson txt.
Sony has seen the potential of Asia Pacific for Android mobile phones and it is hoping to grab the opportunity by becoming number 1 supplier of Android-based mobile phones in Asia Pacific, said by Matthew Lang, Sony Ericsson's corporate vice president and head of Asia-Pacific region.
Currently Sony’s strategy is to watch the emerging markets and is also hoping to launch a new tablet PC into the market when it was able to develop something unique and different.
Both the smartphones Xperia ray and Xperia active are based on the new version of the Android platform (Gingerbread 2.3).
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism