DigiTimes report has stated that Microsoft is set to appear with its own branded tablet with the Windows 8 operating system in the year 2012, as revealed by the anonymous sources.
On Wednesday the tech journal has reported that the software giant would mingle with Texas Instruments. They would merge perhaps for the central processor, and Taiwan-based components makers.
The report was silent about the role for Nokia, which is heavily invested in Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 platform.
In comparative with its rival Microsoft hasn't had much luck in the tablet or smartphone markets. Its Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7 platforms as rivals Apple, Google has been continuously rising. Apple is the maker of the iOS mobile operating system for its iPad and iPhone products, while Google is the developer of the Android OS.
Last year Apple passed Microsoft for its market value as the largest tech company in the world. Again last month IBM also leapfrogged Microsoft.
Apart from this Microsoft have its own popular consumer hardware products, especially the Xbox 360, as well as the supply chain alliances for developing a stab at its own tablet PC.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis