Apple's App Store has become most popular apps marketplace in the world and has listed its name in the Guinness world record.
Apple was launched in the July 2008 and till now it has downloaded 10 billion apps were downloaded. In the year 2010 during the month of September the store hosted about 260,000 apps.
Moreover the App Store also has achieved an award for being the biggest virtual video game store. Many titles have been given to the stores like Beating Android, Xbox Live Indie Arcade, Steam and the Wii Virtual Console.
In the initial the App Store had 145 games available but now it has more than 37,300 games can be found within Apple's App Store.
In year 2010 Apple's iPhone 4 had made an estimated selling of 1.5 million units and was selected was as the "Fastest-Selling Portable Gaming System".
The App Store is mainly well known for iPhone and iPad games, and the iPhone 4.
Guinness World Records’ gaming editor, Gaz Deaves has said in a statement that the release of the iPhone has brought many changes in the mobile industry, but the video game world too.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study