The London tube travellers would not get now the facility of mobiles on the underground. This is because of the interruption in plans which were made to extend mobile phone coverage onto trains.
The well-known four operators were working with Chinese provider Huawei to have the extension in the coverage in time for the Olympics. The four operators named Everything Everywhere, O2, Three and Vodafone have clearly said that from a long time they have been working closely with infrastructure partners and London Underground. They have been trying to provide mobile services to the London Underground. But unfortunately they have regretted that it will be impossible to deliver such services in time for next year’s Olympic Games.
They have said that they are quite positive to search all other avenues available to them so as to provide a service at a later date.
The Huawei high level design document has shown that their main aim was to create a Shared Radio Access Network for GSM and UMTS based on Huawei SingleRAN products. This document was sent to the Reg by a person who was involved in this matter.
- Cancer charity committee looks for volunteers
- Collapse of non-emergency NHS phoneline leads to doubling of cost to Bolton
- Brit soldier first in UK to receive mind-controlled prosthetic limb
- Since Asperger revelation, Susan Boyle performs on Loose Women for the
- Gerard Butler’s appeal against five-year ban