After registering an over-whelming growth in the last fiscal year, Waitrose, supermarket arm of the John Lewis Partnership, is all set to open two brand new stores in Scotland.
Last year Waitrose manage to acquire a hefty margin that allowed its staffs to take home a bonus worth nine weeks salary. The employee owned firm would soon be sharing a whooping 5.1 million pound worth of bonus with its 2900 partners. Each partner will get a payout of 1800 pounds.
Waitrose managing director Mark Price said the contract to open the two new stores in Scotland has already been signed and the fourth new outlet will be coming up in the month of May in Newton Mearns in the suburb of Glasgow. He refused to give anymore plan details regarding the expansion in Scotland.
Despite a nagging concern about the behavior of the economy and jobs, spending in supermarkets is going upwards in that area.
This year till January 29th, Waitrose secured a strong trading despite the swinging market. The total sales figure were up by 9.8% to 5 million pounds and offering premium labels values.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study