Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. has announced that, it is available for probable mergers as Deutsche Boerse AG along with NYSE Euronext announced talks over a deal that would create the biggest exchange in the world.
The exchange of Hong Kong, at present the largest in the world according to market value, possesses the maximum cash or almost cash items over its balance sheet of any listed bourse, as mentioned in the data compiled by Bloomberg.
However it continues to remain open for opportunities if and when they arrive according to Lorraine Chan, one of the spokeswomen for the exchange. The company’s stock has decreased by 2.8% today, the highest intraday reduction since last October.
She has also added that, because of the alterations in the financial-market landscape, Hong Kong Exchanges will be thinking over the international opportunities for alliances, partnerships along with other relationships which put forth strategically forcing advantages consistent with its concentration on the Chinese markets, in an e-mailed reply to inquiry from Bloomberg.
She further added that HKEx will not be going after alliances, partnerships and other relationships only for the purpose of investment benefits.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study