The real identity of the arguably world's most famous artist, known as Banksy, is on the auction block at eBay, with bids already hitting $1million.
The real identity of the controversial British graffiti artist is a mystery. Bidding to know the real name of the artist started at $3,000 (£1,900) and thirty-eight offers have already been placed. The latest bid hit $1million.
Banksy has been highly praised for his/her stenciled renderings that have appeared across cityscapes around the globe. Even when working for well-known bodies, such as when he/she was commissioned to create an opening scene for an episode of The Simpsons, Banksy never revealed his/her identity and remained covered in mystery.
The successful bidder will get a piece of paper with the real name of the artist on it.
The online seller stated in the listing, "If you win I will mail you a piece of paper revealing the true identity of Banksy."
The seller, going by the alias "Jaybuysthings," said he uncovered the identity of Bristol-born Banksy by matching up the prices of his sold paintings to corresponding tax records.
Banksy is considered to be the world's most famous graffiti artist. His paintings and sculptures fetch up to £100,000.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat