Celebrated filmmaker Park Chan-wook used Apple's iPhone 4 to shoot an entire horror film, called Paranmanjang.
Park Chan-wook, who bagged the Jury prize at Cannes in 2009 for Thirst, claimed that he used the iPhone 4 for everything, from looking for a film location to doing a documentary on the filming process.
The half-an-hour film Paranmanjang, which means a "life full of ups and downs", is about a man who goes for fishing at night and catches a woman. Use of the iPhone 4 to shoot the entire film gave it a unique quality.
The film is expected to set an example for young filmmakers, and to encourage them to see smartphones as artistic tools.
Chan-wook praised the iPhone 4, saying it was small, light and can be used by anyone.
Speaking on the topic, Chan-wook added, "The new technology creates strange effects because it is new and because it is a medium the audience is used to."
Paranmanjang, which cost around $133,000, will be shown in ten South Korean cinema halls from January 27 for four days.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat