Rumors are swirling that the US wireless carrier Verizon could soon announce the availability of a version of the Apple iPhone on its airwaves.
An intimate source informed on the condition of anonymity that Verizon Wireless has plans to offer the iPhone to its customers under its current wireless service price plans.
The source also claimed that the pricing for the Verizon iPhone would be announced at an event that would take place on Tuesday in New York.
If the reports are true, the agreement between Verizon Wireless and Apple would mark the end of Apple's exclusive iPhone deal with AT&T. network provider AT&T Inc has been enjoying exclusive rights to sell the iPhone since its launch in 2007.
Many iPhone users in the US are complaining that AT&T is not proving up to the mark network service, especially in cities like San Francisco and New York.
Market analysts are of the view that the availability of the iPhone via Verizon Wireless would expand Apple's customer-base further. Sales estimates differ, but on an average analysts say that Apple will be able to sell 9-12 million iPhones on Verizon's network during the next one-year period.
Neither Apple nor Verizon Wireless responded to rumors.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat