Mark Madoff, the eldest son of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff, was found hanged in his SoHo apartment on the second anniversary of his father’s arrest.
Emergency services were called to 46-year-old Mark Madoff’s SoHo apartment in New York at around 7.30am after his father-in-law discovered his body hanging from a dog collar secured to a pipe in the living room. His two-year-old son was sleeping in the next-door bedroom.
Mark Madoff and his brother, Andrew, held leading positions at Bernard Madoff’s company, called Madoff Investment Securities, until the company failed in 2008 when Madoff admitted that much of their business was based on a ponzi scheme.
Seventy-two-year-old Bernard Madoff was pushed behind the bars for 150 years for swindling billions of dollars from investors in a fraudulent scheme. Mark was also put under investigation. He was also facing criminal charges.
Mark’s lawyer Martin Flumenbaum described deceased as, "An innocent victim of his father's monstrous crime who succumbed to two years of unrelenting pressure from false accusations and innuendo."
Just a week ago, court-appointed bankruptcy trustee Irving Picard sued Mark and his brother, Andrew, claiming that Bernard Madoff transferred a huge amount of ill-gotten money to them.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis