A recent survey carried out by mobile phone comparison website goodmobilephones. co. uk has revealed that HTC handsets outshined the Apple iPhone 4, as far as online searches for smartphones is concerned.
The survey claimed that Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 4, could grab only ranks sixth in the list of most searched smartphones on the internet.
The first three positions in the list grabbed by the HTC handset, viz. the HTC Wildfire, the HTC Desire and the HTC Desire HD.
Over the study period of 30 days, the number of searches for the iPhone 4 was also outstripped by the number of searches for the Samsung Galaxy S and the Nokia N8 handsets. Managing Director Mark Owen, of goodmobilephones. co. uk, said that HTC was trying to challenge Apple iPhone's dominance.
Commenting on the findings, Mark Owen said, "For some time now, HTC has been knocking at the door and trying to overtake the Apple iPhone's dominance of the handset market."
The Blackberry Curve 8520, the Samsung Tocco Lite, the BlackBerry Torch and the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini were the other smarthones in the list of most-searched handsets.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study