McLaren Automotive has announced pricing for its MP4-12C supercar that will hit European roads in spring next year.
The high-performance sports car will cost 168,500 pounds in the UK, and 200,000 euros in the Europe Union. The quoted figure for the UK market includes VAT at the 20 per cent rate which will apply then.
The McLaren MP4-12C supercar is based on a carbon chassis, dubbed the MonoCell, and uses a 3.8-litre twin turbo V8 engine. It produces 600bhp.
The supercar can accelerate from 0 to 60 in less than four seconds. It weighs less than 1.4 tons and produces emissions below 300gm per kg.
The car will be available in seventeen exterior paint finishes, including the McLaren Orange which was used on company's racing cars in the 1960s and 1970s.
The company said it would manufacturer up to 1000 McLaren MP4-12C supercars per year, at a purpose-built factory near its headquarters in Woking, Surry.
McLaren Automotive will appoint a network of thirty-five retailers to represent the MP4-12C across nineteen countries worldwide.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study