Enterprise software provider SAP’s co-chief executive Jim Hagemann Snabe has said that security is the top priority for the company.
He said previously enterprise used to have just one system installed on premise that was behind a firewall, but currently there are multiple deployment options as there is a mixture of on-premise, cloud and mobile apps.
He said the company has hiked its commitment not merely to quality, but to security also.
Speaking on the topic, he said, "You will see us taking a lead in terms of driving security up in the business application space because it is necessary.”
The software provider invites hackers to get help in finding security vulnerabilities so that it could fix the vulnerabilities very quickly.
Apart from involving a meticulous testing program, the company is hiking the number of members in its security team and is incorporating the Sybase know-how in this field.
Snabe added that mobile, not consumer, security is the foremost challenge and opportunity for those who want to do business. He added that the SAP took a big step in the right direction by acquiring Sybase as Sybase had years of mobile experience.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism