Researchers at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine are reported to have linked the hormone estrogen with mental performance. They have claimed that oestrogen production physically works in brain cells causing mental performance to boost. Oestrogen, an elixir for the brain causes the mental performance in humans and animals to increase.
The team outlined that oestrogen boosts the number of synapses for the development of nerve cells in the brain thereby raising mental performance.
The link is witnessed to work as a treatment for brain disorders in humans like Alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia.
Besides, the team is hailing to have discovered out the way to fetch all the benefits related to oestrogen, escaping the risks of cancer, heart disease and stroke. It is reported that researchers have developed a special compound that poses similar effects as of oestrogen on cortical brain cells.
Researchers found that the compound worked to activate the estrogen receptors on brain neurons causing a reaction chain inside the cells thereby boosting the number of dendritic spines on the neurons.
"We created more sites that could allow for more communication between the cells. We are building more bridges so more information can go from one cell to another", the team posited.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn