Experts are warning about the decreased physical activity in children due to the vogue of video games and increasing pressure of study.
The research `Play Life' was carried out by Hansa Research Pvt Ltd. It revealed that outdoor games are played only by 25% of the children and around 39% do not indulge in outdoor activities at all. The study was specially conducted for Nickelodeon channel.
Nina Elavia Jaipuria, the Senior Vice President and General Manager of Nickelodeon India said, "It has been an eye-opener and has thrown up some startling insights. Outdoor play is clearly deprioritised in a kid's life today. It is a wake- up call for children, parents and schools too". She held video games and the pressure of study responsible for diminishing children's outdoor activity.
The findings of the study are based on a survey which concluded that 75% of children didn't play outdoor games regularly and among them 38% of children were such, who were not allowed by the parents to play.
The increasing physical inactivity in children has been contributed by the parents' more emphasis on studies than sports. They have forgotten that outdoor activities play a significant role in the overall growth of a child.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism