It is always heartening to see children making an effort for a good cause and this is what happens, when one witnesses the endeavors pitched in by children at the Brierley Hill Swimming Club. The children of the club, who meet at the Dudley Leisure Centre, were able to raise donations worth £500 for a cancer charity.
The charity in question that would be able to spend the money in providing support to children suffering from leukemia is known as Clic Sargent, a children's cancer charity. The £500 was raised by 50 young members of the swimming club.
While talking about the efforts made by the children, the Treasurer of the group, Mr. Phil Steven stated that, as the club was for children, they decided to help children, who needed help. He added that one of the members of the club had recovered from leukemia a few years ago and that is the reason why the club decided to help a charity that would provide assistance to children suffering from the dreaded condition.
While talking about the utilization of funds, Kath Hill from Clic Sargent stated that the swimmers had toiled very hard for the donation and that the money raised by them would be directed towards providing affected children, with books to explain them their condition and treatment. Apart from that, the money would also be used in funding a holiday for families affected by Leukemia.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study