Chris Huhne, the Liberal Democrat home affairs spokesman, has criticized British police forces for spending lavishly on hiring cars.
Chris Huhne said forces spent more than 132 million pounds on car hire over the past five years. On an average, cash-strapped cops spent 70,000 pounds on car hire per day.
Commenting on the issue, he said, “Some use of hire cars is inevitable but police forces seriously have to ask themselves if they are getting value for taxpayers’ money.”
Chris Huhne unearthed figures showing that top-spenders Metropolitan Police have spent about 50 million pounds, while West Midlands Police spent around 10 million pounds over the past five years.
Scotland forces spent 5.64 million pounds on hiring cars over the same period.
On the other hand, the chief constable of South Yorkshire Police attacked Liberal Democrats, saying they were wasting everybody’s time and trying to get cheap publicity.
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis