Virgin Media has announced that it hit an agreement with Channel 5 to bring video-on-demand content from all of Channel 5’s linear TV channels to is TV, online as well as mobile video platforms.
The deal will now allow Virgin Media subscribers to watch Channel 5’s home grown shows like that of the Gadget Show, Fifth Gear and HD content. Channel 5’s US dramas such as the Mentalist, CSI: Miami and long-running soap Home and Away will also be available to Virgin Media subscribers.
Virgin Media now boasts of a complete complement of terrestrial channels. Cindy Rose, the executive director of digital entertainment at Virgin Media, said that they were very happy to add programming from Channel 5 to their TV on demand service.
Commenting on the topic, she added, "With a high calibre of shows including quality US drama, popular Australian soaps and entertaining and informative homegrown programmes ... Demand Five has something for everyone.”
Currently, the company is offering customers £50 toward their bill on signing up online for broadband, TV & home phone bundles by 22nd of November.
Virgin Media's Catch up TV service already provides access to the BBC iPlayer, 4oD, Virgin 1 and ITV NetPlayer.
- Cancer charity committee looks for volunteers
- Collapse of non-emergency NHS phoneline leads to doubling of cost to Bolton
- Brit soldier first in UK to receive mind-controlled prosthetic limb
- Since Asperger revelation, Susan Boyle performs on Loose Women for the
- Gerard Butler’s appeal against five-year ban