Virgin Media has announced that it hit an agreement with Channel 5 to bring video-on-demand content from all of Channel 5’s linear TV channels to is TV, online as well as mobile video platforms.
The deal will now allow Virgin Media subscribers to watch Channel 5’s home grown shows like that of the Gadget Show, Fifth Gear and HD content. Channel 5’s US dramas such as the Mentalist, CSI: Miami and long-running soap Home and Away will also be available to Virgin Media subscribers.
Virgin Media now boasts of a complete complement of terrestrial channels. Cindy Rose, the executive director of digital entertainment at Virgin Media, said that they were very happy to add programming from Channel 5 to their TV on demand service.
Commenting on the topic, she added, "With a high calibre of shows including quality US drama, popular Australian soaps and entertaining and informative homegrown programmes ... Demand Five has something for everyone.”
Currently, the company is offering customers £50 toward their bill on signing up online for broadband, TV & home phone bundles by 22nd of November.
Virgin Media's Catch up TV service already provides access to the BBC iPlayer, 4oD, Virgin 1 and ITV NetPlayer.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism