In order to ensure the upkeep of the quality of food being produced in Malaysia, food manufacturers would have to apply for a 1Malaysia Food Safety endorsement. The endorsement would be separate from halal certification and 1Malaysia Best certification.
Health Minister, Seri Liow Tiong Lai has stated that the move would improve the standard of quality, safety and hygiene of food products in the country.
The Health Minister added that in order to provide assistance to food manufacturers the certification would be absolutely free for manufacturers. He added that previously food manufacturers had to face a lot of hassles because of the extent of the paper work involved.
While talking to journalists yesterday, after the announcement of the scheme, Mr. Liow said that if food manufacturers comply with the guidelines issued by the health ministry, officials would visit the premises of the manufacturer to inspect the place before issuing the endorsement.
He further announced that his ministry would be working in tandem with the Islamic Development Department (Jakim) and Fama to ensure that only halal products are given the certificate. He further added that even though, it was not compulsory for manufacturers to get the certification, yet it would certainly improve their business prospects.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study