A 17-year-old boy died after an altercation with a group of youths in Melbourne. The boy was on his way home from a Hungry Jacks in Pakenham, and was accompanied by friends and family.
The confrontation took place around midnight (AEDT) on Sunday in Cunningham Crescent. Police have announced that after a verbal exchange with the 20 or so youths, the boy was punched and fell, hitting his head on the road.
Following the clash the boy was taken home, where his condition deteriorated. He was later airlifted to The Alfred hospital, where he eventually died at 1:30pm the following day.
Police have reported that another 17-year-old boy came to a police station on Monday and is now helping the police with the investigation.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study