A 60-year-old man has expired soon after a bungalow caught fire in Banbury.
The man died at the Horton General Hospital on Saturday soon after the blaze which occurred at the Lavender Close last night.
Fire crews saw smoke coming out of the windows of the house following the 3.32am call. The fire is believed to have started via a scooter. Making use of the thermal imaging cameras and breathing equipment, they searched the property and found a person in the front bedroom who was instantly rescued.
A second man followed after firemen went up the wall to get into the back garden and broke in through a window. Another resident and the family pets were rescued at once and the inhabitants were taken to hospital.
Banbury fire station manager Mark Ames stated: “The speed and weight of response undoubtedly contributed to the crews being able to take swift and decisive rescue action at this incident.”
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study