Va. eatery Owner finds Intruder Entangled in the vent

It is reported that the owner of a Virginia restaurant had to shut down his restaurant because of some problem with the exhaust vent of the kitchen. It is claimed that some intruder gad blocked the exhaust vent over his kitchen stove.

Harold Owens, owner of Harold's Restaurant in Virginia Beach, found someone’s legs dangling from the 18-inch-by-18-inch duct of exhaust vent because of the opening of his restaurant was delayed on Saturday.

The fire department was called at the spot in order to get the man out from the vent. However, after the firefighters managed to free the man, he was reportedly rushed to a local hospital, the Virginian-Pilot reported.

The intruder suffered from a shoulder injury and was treated for the same at the hospital.

However, the owner has claimed that the man was a former employee at the restaurant.

The Virginian-Pilot reports the man was treated for a shoulder injury at a local hospital after firefighters managed to free him.

Investigators are of a view that the former employee was in a bid to barge into the restaurant via the vent, Fire Battalion Chief Ken Pravetz told the newspaper. However, the intruder later apologized to the owner.

Region: 
General: