On the upcoming site of the new Oakville Hospital, the Oakville Hospital Foundation (OHF) yesterday announced that Peter Gilgan, creator and CEO of Mattamy Homes, has donated $10 million.
The hospital officials also revealed plans for the new Oakville Hospital, which will be constructed based on the new design guidelines from the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
It will be one of the first new hospitals that will be equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment and best available technology.
The donation offered till date is one of the largest amounts to be given to a hospital or any other group in Oakville.
John Oliver, President and CEO of Halton Healthcare Services said, “Peter has been a supporter of Oakville-Trafalgar Memorial Hospital for many years and as a former member of the hospital’s Board of Directors he has a strong understanding of the need for this new hospital”.
It is expected that over half-a-billion dollars will be required to build the hospital, which will have as many as 460 beds, 150 more than the existing beds.
The hospital will be built at the corner of Third Line and Dundas and the construction work is slated to begin by late summer of next year.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study