Statistics have shed some light on the disparity between the rich and the poor in Bolton. The disparity is not about the standard of living but the rate of life expectancy. According to the data available, people living in poorer areas are expected to live till the age of 70-years old. Whereas, residents of Bolton living in richer areas are expected to live till the age of 83-years old and 5 months.
Apart from the difference between the rich and the poor, there is a stark contrast between the average life expectancy of people in Bolton and those in poorer areas, as; the average life expectancy of Bolton is 77-years old and nine months. However, in comparison to the national average of 80-years old, Boston falls short of 2-years and 3-months.
The Director of Public Health, NHS, Bolton, Jan Hutchinson stated that though life expectancy in Boston saw a promising increase. Still, it was nowhere near in comparison to the national average, as the rest of England witnessed a better rise in the longevity of human life.
He further added that, though, the difference between the poor and the rich average had been shortened. Yet, the difference was still, immense and that lots of efforts would have to be pitched in to improve the current scenario.
- Survival Rates for Breast, Prostate and Bowel Cancer will improve by 2020
- Rise in Number of Survivors Over 85 Years in England, Wales
- Dr. Foster Hospital Guide Finds Rise in Mortality Rate in Hospitals
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm