Statistics have shed some light on the disparity between the rich and the poor in Bolton. The disparity is not about the standard of living but the rate of life expectancy. According to the data available, people living in poorer areas are expected to live till the age of 70-years old. Whereas, residents of Bolton living in richer areas are expected to live till the age of 83-years old and 5 months.
Apart from the difference between the rich and the poor, there is a stark contrast between the average life expectancy of people in Bolton and those in poorer areas, as; the average life expectancy of Bolton is 77-years old and nine months. However, in comparison to the national average of 80-years old, Boston falls short of 2-years and 3-months.
The Director of Public Health, NHS, Bolton, Jan Hutchinson stated that though life expectancy in Boston saw a promising increase. Still, it was nowhere near in comparison to the national average, as the rest of England witnessed a better rise in the longevity of human life.
He further added that, though, the difference between the poor and the rich average had been shortened. Yet, the difference was still, immense and that lots of efforts would have to be pitched in to improve the current scenario.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study