Online retailer Amazon. com rolled out a specifically-designed retail app, called Windowshop, for the iPad tablet computer.
Windowshop, which is considered as complete rewrite of Amazon. com, lets its users to view and browse the products available at Amazon in the same way as on the retailer’s regular website. The user can search by keyword, browse products by category or subcategory, and view bestseller lists.
The user of the app can tap any item to pop open the product view, which can be zoomed to get high-resolution photo of the product. It also offers additional details, reviews. One can also use his/her Amazon. com account to make a purchase.
Users can also add their desired items to their Amazon wishlists, which can be managed straightforwardly from within the Windowshop app.
Jeff Bezos, founder and chief executive of Amazon. com, said that they designed Windowshop without compromise merely for iPad.
Commenting on the new app, Bezos said, "Same selection, same low prices, same fast delivery, same benefits of your Amazon Prime membership – just a completely new, fluid interface designed specifically for lean-back, touch screen tablets."
Windowshop, which requires an iPad tablet computer running iOS 3.2 or higher, can be had from for free from the App Store.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study