It has been predicted by the U. S. Centre for Disease Control and Prevention that by the year 2050 almost a third of the American population will be affected by the type 2 diabetes mellitus.
According to the researchers of the study, this increase in affected population will mostly be due to the aging population and the rising numbers of members from the higher risk minority groups. Also, people having type 2 diabetes mellitus have a longer life span.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus can be cured in most cases. Earlier research shows that a Mediterranean diet, lots of green and leafy vegetables, breastfeeding, bitter melon, brown rice, black tea, drinking coffee, plant-based diet, vitamin D, soy products, and turmeric and fish oil can aid in keeping away type 2 diabetes mellitus.
To reduce the risks and severe complications related to diabetes, people already having the ailment can follow a changed lifestyle to control their condition better.
According to a newly published study, psyllium fiber supplements can aid patients having type 2 diabetes mellitus.
The symptoms of type 2 diabetes mellitus are much thirst and urination, more hunger, loss of weight, etc. Approximately 20 million Americans have type 2 diabetes mellitus at present.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat