AMD has come up with new graphic cards in the Radeon HD 6800 series. The new Radeon HD 6850 and HD 6870 graphics cards are powered by DirectX 11-supporting 40nm GPU, codenamed Barts.
The Radeon HD 6850 takes up two slots and requires additional power through one six-pin PCLe connector. It features 960 Stream processor, 48 texture units, a 256-bit memory interface, 1GB of GDDR5 VRAM, GPU and memory clocks of 775 and 4000 MHz and dual-DVI.
In addition, The Radeon HD 6850 has one HDMI 1.4a, 2 mini DisplayPort 1.2 outputs, the UVD 3 dedicated video playback accelerator, HD3D technology for 3D gaming.
The Radeon HD 6870 features similar specifications to the Radeon HD 6850, but it comes with two six-pin PCLe connectors, 56 texture units, 1120 Stream Processors, and GPU and memory clocks of 900 and 4200 MHz, respectively.
The Radeon HD 6850 1GB and the Radeon HD 6870 1GB have been priced at around £150 and £200 respectively.
The company has reportedly plan to introduce a HD 6900 graphics card in a month’s time. The upcoming car will feature a faster GPU.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat