To lend a helping hand to MLA recalls, more than 2,300 volunteers from across B. C. have got registered with the Fight HST group, which has been endeavoring for recruitment for last three weeks.
Those canvassers, who have been signed up will be taking part in a contest that would conclude that the anti-Harmonized Sales Tax group will back which of the 18 Liberal-held ridings, in order to introduce first session of recall campaigns.
As for now, the race is being led by Minister of Healthy Living and Sport Ida Chong ridings with the highest number of campaigners supporting it, followed by Cariboo-Chilcotin MLA Donna Barnett, as per a Fight HST news release.
Those ridings, which have attained next highest support of canvassers include Parksville-Qualicum MLA Ron Cantelon, Kamloops-North Thompson MLA Terry Lake and Minister of Labour Murray Coell.
Fight HST's Chris Delaney expressed that the riding Lower Mainland was also performing well. Both Chilliwack and Vancouver-Quilchena had attracted about 100 canvassers and the number 100 indicated that one was in a strong position to make recalls.
He said, “Out of the 18 ridings, 10 of them are in a real dog fight to do it. I think that's largely the result of the enthusiasm of their organizers".
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study