To lend a helping hand to MLA recalls, more than 2,300 volunteers from across B. C. have got registered with the Fight HST group, which has been endeavoring for recruitment for last three weeks.
Those canvassers, who have been signed up will be taking part in a contest that would conclude that the anti-Harmonized Sales Tax group will back which of the 18 Liberal-held ridings, in order to introduce first session of recall campaigns.
As for now, the race is being led by Minister of Healthy Living and Sport Ida Chong ridings with the highest number of campaigners supporting it, followed by Cariboo-Chilcotin MLA Donna Barnett, as per a Fight HST news release.
Those ridings, which have attained next highest support of canvassers include Parksville-Qualicum MLA Ron Cantelon, Kamloops-North Thompson MLA Terry Lake and Minister of Labour Murray Coell.
Fight HST's Chris Delaney expressed that the riding Lower Mainland was also performing well. Both Chilliwack and Vancouver-Quilchena had attracted about 100 canvassers and the number 100 indicated that one was in a strong position to make recalls.
He said, “Out of the 18 ridings, 10 of them are in a real dog fight to do it. I think that's largely the result of the enthusiasm of their organizers".
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism